The keyword difficulty tool
The keyword difficulty tool helps you to find the keywords that will work best for your SEO and SEM campaigns. It is very easy to use:
- Open the keyword difficulty tool: SEOprofiler > Your project > Keywords > Keyword difficulty tool
- Enter the keyword for which you want to get high rankings.
- Select the search engine on which you want to get high rankings.
- Optionally, enter a comparison keyword and the URL of your website.
- Click the 'Get keyword competition' button.
You will get the following results page:
- View the difficulty score. The higher the score, the more difficult it is to get high rankings for that keyword.
- Click the 'Monitor' button if you want to check the rankings of your website for that keyword.
- Click the 'Top 10' button if you want to optimize one of your web pages for the keyword.
- View details about the keyword difficulty.
- View details about the pages that currently have high rankings for the keyword.
Avoid one-word keywords. Search terms that consist of 2-4 words usually have a much higher conversion rate.
One-word keywords are usually very general and they do not deliver the right type of website visitors. The time that you have to invest to get high rankings for one-word keywords usually does not pay off.
Use keywords that attract the right kind of people. For example, if your website is about an indie-pop band, then it does not make sense to optimize for 'mp3' even if you sell MP3s of your band.
Start with keywords that don't have much competition. Proceed with more competitive keywords when your website has high rankings for the less competitive keywords.
Continue with 'The WDF Relevant Keywords Analyzer'.